Tea for Muscular Dystrophy
Gather your friends, family and workmates to host a morning tea to support families living with muscular dystrophy. It’s time to host a Tea for Muscular Dystrophy. Just set a date, invite your colleagues or friends to bring a plate and make a donation. You’ll have a great catch up together and can feel proud of the difference you’ll be making in the lives of others. Pick a place and spread the word about how everyone can join you and support Muscular Dystrophy Queensland. Making a difference is a piece of cake!
Muscular Dystrophy Queensland helps children, teens and adults with profound physical disabilities through a crisis. Every dollar raised through your Tea for Muscular Dystrophy will go towards providing life changing services and support to families facing crisis as a result of living with muscular dystrophy.
Here’s some tips and tricks to ensure you can safely host your morning tea.
- Why not take your morning tea outside? You can spread out (1.5m between household groups) and enjoy some fresh air while you catch up with your loved ones.
- Provide a space for handwashing or if not possible, hand sanitizer
- Remember to sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue (and throw away the tissue)
- Serve food and snacks into individual plates to avoid sharing of utensils
- Make sure you take note of your guests, basic contact details (full name, best contact number, email etc.)
- Or go virtual, hosting your morning tea with friends and family online! (Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org about setting up an online fundraising page.)
And don’t forget to register your morning tea so we can keep you updated on any changes.
Every bit of effort counts and every amount is truly appreciated! Thank you for making a difference.
How can I get involved?
If you would like to get involved by hosting a Tea for Muscular Dystrophy, simply fill out the form below and the events team at Muscular Dystrophy Qld will send you a host kit with all the information you need to get started.