Complaints and Feedback
Muscular Dystrophy Queensland encourages you to provide both positive and negative feedback on the service provided to you, your customer experience, or an event that you have attended. We aim to continue to improve so, using your feedback, we can review and update our programs, services and events.
We would love to hear if we are doing something well, for example
- You have received a service or attended an event that is just right for you and you would like it to continue
- You notice some outstanding services provided by a staff member or volunteer
- You would like us to add a service.
Negative feedback (complaints) and suggestions for improvement
We welcome negative feedback because that is the way we learn and improve.
We undertake to handle complaints in a respectful manner and with confidentiality. Every complainant has the right to have a support person with them, should any meetings be necessary. Making a complaint does not negatively affect the services which MDQ provides to you.
Our process for handling feedback
All feedback is reported to the CEO and then to the our Board via our Feedback Register.
Significant complaints are handled by MDQ’s Chief Executive Officer. Where possible, we aim to have any issues resolved within 28 days. We will liaise with you during and following resolution of the complaint.
Should you be dissatisfied with the outcome, you have the right to take the matter to our Board of Directors for review. Correspondence should be addressed to the Chairperson, Board of Directors, Muscular Dystrophy Queensland Ltd and returned to our postal address.
Following a complaint, our management team will review procedures, processes and guidelines, and update them if required, for continuous improvement and to ensure that we are delivering the highest quality services possible.
How do I provide feedback
You are welcome to choose the option that you deem most appropriate for your feedback. This might include:
- Providing feedback directly to a staff member who will attempt to resolve your issue quickly and effectively
- Contacting us through our main email address or by calling 07 3243 9700
- Writing letter to the Attention of Business Operations Manager, Kerry Atkins, and post it to our address
Or, you may choose to complete the following form, providing as much or as little information as you desire.