For many years, Muscular Dystrophy Queensland has been committed to providing services on an outreach model. We have regularly visited regional centres and offered services and support so our families can get to know and trust us. Between visits we have maintained phone and email contact.
MDQ’s regional outreach visits are funded by our generous donors so the regularity of our visits also depends upon available funds.
MDQ is still available to provide these outreach services, however, now that the NDIS is also available, services during our visits may slightly change. We have always aimed to ‘fill the gap’ in service provision and imagine that we will still be offering the following:
- Meetings with families to discuss specific challenges and provide information and advice, including hearing concerns and providing advice about their NDIS Plans
- An offer of an informal community gathering where people can form supportive friendships with other people living in their community who have similar challenges
- An opportunity to share our experience and knowledge of muscular dystrophy and similar conditions with local generalist service providers
- Our free programs such as the Breathe Well and Rest Easy
Muscular Dystrophy Queensland also offers the following NDIS programs throughout Queensland
- Support Coordination (according to our capacity)
- Plan Management provision.
Our allied health programs are currently offered only in the south east corner (including Ipswich, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Toowoomba – if there is a cluster of people wanting to access our specialist services).
Register your interest
If you are from a regional centre and you wish to make enquiries about becoming a client of Muscular Dystrophy Queensland please contact us.