When a person has an NDIS Plan, there are some responsibilities in managing the business side of their plan including, for example:
- Ensuring that their service providers and suppliers have provided you with invoices
- Ensuring that the invoices are correct
- Approving invoices for payment
- Submitting payment claims to the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to release funds from your NDIS Plan to pay the invoices
- Paying the suppliers within a reasonable amount of time.
A person with an NDIS Plan has some choices about how to ensure these tasks are completed:
- They can self-manage the funds in their NDIS Plan
- They can ask the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to manage the business side of their NDIS Plan
- They can employ a Plan Management provider
Muscular Dystrophy Queensland is a registered Plan Management provider and would welcome you as a customer of this service, however you have a choice about how you manage your NDIS Plan and who you choose to be your Plan Management provider (if you choose that option). You will need to discuss with your NDIS Planner how you want to manage the financial aspects of your NDIS Plan and ask for Plan Management provision at your meeting if that is what you want.
What does MDQ do as your Plan Management Provider (PMP)?
- Creates the systems for the management of your NDIS Plan including making service bookings on the NDIA portal
- When you have submitted approved invoices to MDQ, the PMP reviews them and liaises with you to ensure you are only paying for the services or resources you have agreed to and which have been provided
- Claims payments from the NDIA portal and pays your suppliers within 14 days of the invoice having been received by MDQ
- Provides you with a monthly statement so you can track your spending against available funds in your NDIS Plan.
Why employ MDQ as Plan Management Provider?
- We are committed to providing the best possible services for people with muscular dystrophy and similar conditions
- We are known for the efficiency of our Plan Management service
- We are honest and transparent
- We are there to ‘look out for you,’ and to support you to get the most out of your NDIS plan
- Through employing MDQ, you are supporting your neuromuscular community and ensuring the future financial health of MDQ, so we are be able to continue to support all of our clients
Take the next step
- You can tell your NDIS Planner that you wish to use Muscular Dystrophy Queensland as your Plan Management provider and he/she will refer you to our services
- You are most welcome to contact MDQ with an expression of interest or questions about MDQ’s Plan Management Services.
Contact details for the Plan Management Provision service are
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07 3243 9700 or 1800 676 36