Muscular Dystrophy Queensland (MDQ) is the only Queensland organisation dedicated to people who live with muscular dystrophy and similar conditions and their families, throughout all of their lives.
As we are also a small, specialist organisation which relies on the wonderful financial support of our donors, supporters and other stakeholders, we are able to provide some free services to our clients. We also welcome customers who wish to employ us for services under their NDIS Plan or from any other source of funding.
Our free information and support services and NDIS related, chargeable services are explained below. If you have any questions about anything you have read, do not hesitate to contact us.
We offer several services at no cost to our clients. These services are funded by our generous donors, private trusts and foundations, government project funding and MDQ’s fundraising and events programs.
You are welcome to read about our free services and contact us with enquiries. Services are available only to our clients and it is a simple process to register as a client.
- NDIS Ready program
- Information and support services
- Breathe Well Cough Assist loans
- Rest Well Hi-lo bed loans
- Extended Care
- Our commitment to supporting research
Our NDIS related chargeable services are available for our clients and also others where we believe we can be of assistance. As the NDIS is such a new scheme, we will be reviewing and updating our services over time so watch this space.
- Plan management provision
- Support coordination
- Decision making, daily planning and budgeting
- Counselling and social work
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy
Other important information
As the peak body for people with muscular dystrophy and similar conditions, Muscular Dystrophy Queensland puts our clients’ and customers’ needs first.
For more information about MDQ, our services and policies, including:
- MDQ Client Guide
- Complaints and feedback
- Incident Management
- Diversity and Cultural Inclusion
- Infection Control
- Making a Complaint to the NDIS Commission
- Interpreter Services
- Informed Consent
- Client Advocacy and Support
- Decision Making and Choice, Duty of Care & Dignity of Risk
- Being a Client
- Client Services Charter
- MDQ Service Agreement Terms and Conditions