Careers at MDQ
Working with Us
Muscular Dystrophy Queensland is a specialist, whole-of life provider. Our mission is to empower people living with muscular dystrophy and similar conditions to make the most of opportunities and to live the lives they choose. We offer employees a positive and supportive workplace and the opportunity to come with us on an exciting journey of positive change as we work towards our mission, providing NDIS funded and charitable services throughout Queensland.
Our office is located in Nundah. On street parking is available nearby and there is convenient access to public transport, with Nundah and Toombul train stations within easy walking or rolling distance. Toombul Shopping Centre and Nundah Village provide our team with plenty of lunchtime options and the occasional afterwork social.
Current Positions Vacant
Join Muscular Dystrophy Queensland (MDQ) for an opportunity to use your skills and expertise in providing Support Coordination services for people living with muscular dystrophy and similar, progressive muscle wasting conditions, and help us to develop a new, Specialist Support Coordination services. Make a difference by empowering our community to make the most of their opportunities and ultimately, to live the lives they choose. Within the framework of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), you can continue to build your skills at the same time as supporting our community
As a key member of the Client Services team within our medium sized organisation based in Nundah, you will report to the CEO, working 76 hours per fortnight. This is a full-time temporary position on a twelve-month contract.
We are looking for someone who has:
• A relevant university degree e.g. social worker, educator, social or community services, nursing
• Experience, supporting people with physical disabilities – either at work or through lived experience – and preferably experience as a Support Coordinator under the NDIS framework
• A high level of skill in verbal and written communication
• Interpersonal skills and empathy
• Well developed organisational skills, ability to work independently and to prioritise
• A willing and positive work ethic and loves working in a team
• Competence in the Microsoft Office 365 and operation of a client database
• Current drivers’ licence and access to a reliable, fully insured vehicle which may be used for work purposes
• A current Working with Children Check (Bluecard) obtained prior to commencement of employment or has AHPRA registration
• Has the right to work in Australia with no restrictions.
MDQ is offering
• The opportunity to take the next step in your career as an integral member of Muscular Dystrophy Queensland’s Client Services team
• A competitive salary with generous salary packaging options. (MDQ has Fringe Benefit Tax exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution.)
• An inclusive and happy culture in a positive and supportive workplace where you’ll be side by side with staff from all areas of the business
• A willingness to negotiate some flexibility in working conditions
If you believe you are a good fit for this role, refer to the Employment Application Package for more information about the role and detailed instructions on how to submit your application. Confidential enquiries can also be made to Helene Frayne, CEO via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 3243 9700.
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible, as interviews will be scheduled when there are sufficient suitable applicants.
Want to know more?
For general information about working with Muscular Dystrophy Queensland, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 07 3243 9700.