Information & Support
We know that having trustworthy information about all aspects of your condition is vital and that is the reason our clients value our specialist expertise. Muscular Dystrophy Queensland provides information about muscular dystrophy and similar conditions through our helpline, newsletters, this website, our Facebook page and other social media outlets.
The Helpline is a phone (during office hours: phone1800 676 364) or email service (email@example.com) where any question can be put to our trained and knowledgeable staff and we will be able to answer straightaway or consult our global networks for an answer. This is a free service, available to our clients of course and to any member of the public.
Information can be about services, sport and recreation opportunities, the NDIS, advancements in advocacy, and the latest research news.
Whether you are an existing MDQ client or person with muscular dystrophy or similar condition, please consider registering as a client and we can then provide practical support, advice, and individual advocacy, especially at critical times in your life:
- Pre diagnosis or at diagnosis
- When you (or a loved one) are making a transition in life e.g. leaving school; retiring
- If there is a progression in your condition and you need more services
- If there is any incident which makes you feel unable to cope without urgent advice and help.
Through all of our work, we aim to make a positive difference for our clients and to change their quality of life.
We provide this service to our clients. If you are not eligible to be an NDIS client, we can help you. If you are an NDIS client, we have some options which we can work through with you:
- You may employ Muscular Dystrophy Queensland as a support co-ordinator or plan management provider or use our counselling service, physiotherapy and/or occupational therapy services
We may be able to direct you to the appropriate funded provider within the system or advocate on your behalf for a change in your NDIS Plan.